Crimson Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timeliness

3 posters

Go down

Timeliness Empty Timeliness

Post  Impirchk Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:42 pm

I have only been to 2 runs so far, but this is one thing that I find the most concerning.
When I see in the LSmes or on the website the starting time I expect that to be the starting time, which means, this is when we enter or when glass will be broken. However we end up waiting an hour or more for people.
Also Sunny and I came early-- when we got to Halzam the people on the ship with us were the only ones there pretty much. However Sunny got taken out of the run for other people who came later. I find this unfair for her to be waiting the whole time just to be kicked out for someone 30 min late.
Possibly we can do this on a first come first serve basis where once we fill the amount of people we need for the run we just go at the set time or at the time once the parties are filled. ?
I see a lot of people coming 30min-1hr after the set time on the lsmes. I understand people have lives and are busy, but if you know you are going to be late, take some time in the previous night to log out in Halzam so that you can be there asap and ready. Because every time the start time gets pushed back, the time that people log in to attend the run also gets pushed back an hour or more, causing the next run to also be pushed back, until next week.
There is a lot of waiting time before we enter, so I suggest some sort of verdict where the time posted is the start time, encouraging people to log in 30 min earlier than 30 min later.

Just a 2 gil worth of advice, because I don't want another 1am run. lol
Impirchk
Impirchk

Back to top Go down

Timeliness Empty Re: Timeliness

Post  Sabaron Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:18 am

Impirchk wrote:I have only been to 2 runs so far, but this is one thing that I find the most concerning.
When I see in the LSmes or on the website the starting time I expect that to be the starting time, which means, this is when we enter or when glass will be broken. However we end up waiting an hour or more for people.
Also Sunny and I came early-- when we got to Halzam the people on the ship with us were the only ones there pretty much. However Sunny got taken out of the run for other people who came later. I find this unfair for her to be waiting the whole time just to be kicked out for someone 30 min late.
Possibly we can do this on a first come first serve basis where once we fill the amount of people we need for the run we just go at the set time or at the time once the parties are filled. ?
I see a lot of people coming 30min-1hr after the set time on the lsmes. I understand people have lives and are busy, but if you know you are going to be late, take some time in the previous night to log out in Halzam so that you can be there asap and ready. Because every time the start time gets pushed back, the time that people log in to attend the run also gets pushed back an hour or more, causing the next run to also be pushed back, until next week.
There is a lot of waiting time before we enter, so I suggest some sort of verdict where the time posted is the start time, encouraging people to log in 30 min earlier than 30 min later.

Just a 2 gil worth of advice, because I don't want another 1am run. lol

As for the time, we should be entering at a more reasonable time from now on. There was a hitch with Tuesday's run. It's not that you have only been to two runs... There have only been two runs. This is a new event shell and there are bound to be some initial hiccups. The time in the LS Message is the gather time, not the lamp lighting time. The idea behind this time is that it is the time when everyone should be arriving at the zone. Einherjar is unforgiving to small groups. Therefore, if we always enter at exactly the same time regardless of the number of people we have, we will have a high probability of loss and will have wasted our time. Both factors need to be considered when you are looking at the run start time. We may also need to adjust jobs for a number of reasons as well. For these reasons, even if everyone is gathered on time, there will still be somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes worth of work to do before we can light the lamp. I do agree with you, however, that Friday's run was excessively late.

As for Sunny being asked to sit out, I apologize for that as well. The decision was based on two factors: (1) She was told, and accepted the fact that she may have to sit out when she was recruited. This is the primary reason she was asked--because she had said she was ok with it. That being said, I am still sorry that we had to ask anyone to sit out since she was not the only person who didn't get a slot who wanted one. Anyone who was asked to sit out still receives attendance.

These are just problems that arise from initial recruitment. Please pardon the dust... The LS is presently under construction. It will take a few runs to get everything stable.
Sabaron
Sabaron
Admin

http://www.arcologic.com

Back to top Go down

Timeliness Empty re attendance

Post  hex Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:12 pm

hmm i was thinking it would be a cool idea if there was a spreadsheet combing all the attendance- showing the list of names with dates they've attended then their points... and maybe some marks for tardiness or whatever- just a thought b/c i noticed some people last week had never run before came late and then someone who had been sitting there forever didn't get to go in... i would be pretty bummed if that were me.
hex
hex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabaron Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:52 pm

hex wrote:hmm i was thinking it would be a cool idea if there was a spreadsheet combing all the attendance- showing the list of names with dates they've attended then their points... and maybe some marks for tardiness or whatever- just a thought b/c i noticed some people last week had never run before came late and then someone who had been sitting there forever didn't get to go in... i would be pretty bummed if that were me.

I use a spreadsheet to track attendance. The tardiness portion is at present unimplementable since we've been in a sort of chaos. That wouldn't go into effect until we have a more stable group. I believe this particular sit-out was pre-arranged b/c the person involved was a THF--THF being a non-preferred job in Einherjar since Treasure Hunter has no effect on the Armory Crate, but at the same time I think we had a 73SAM who was actually in alliance. Regardless of that.... Going forward, seating in a given party will be based on the earliest time I'm able to place you into a party.
Sabaron
Sabaron
Admin

http://www.arcologic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum