Crimson Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap

2 posters

Go down

What do you think the point bank cap should be?

Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap I_vote_lcap33%Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap I_vote_lcap67%Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap I_vote_lcap0%Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap Empty Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap

Post  Sabaron Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 am

We've been on 7 runs now, 3 of which were wins. I'm beginning to see that there may be an issue with capping the point bank at 25 points. While I'm still liking the 15/20 bid caps on abjurations and odin's chamber items, I'm beginning to see that there are not going to be enough drops to satisfy the bank cap and a significant number of people will be running at the bank cap after 3 months of attendance.

I still want for people to be eligible to participate in abjuration lotting after about 3 months, max, but I envision that many people will become upset about the 25 point bank cap after they reach it.

I do not, however, wish to invite the behavior that the capping system is intended to prevent. That is hording points in order to gain control over all drops in the game (e.g. I have more points than you therefore only I may lot said awesome item and you never have any hope of getting awesome items without first kissing my ring). I feel that the bid caps do justly allow anyone access to even the best items after they have faithfully attended for 3 months.

The idea of the point cap is to punish deliberate hording of points in order to exert force of capital on the shell and its members. It is not to punish people for losing lots or to randomly penalize people just because nothing they can use dropped.

I'm not sure where we should set the cap, but it will likely need to be higher than 25. It will depend on the combined drop-win rate. Each "tier" of points we add on allows people to bank an additional "lot":

For instance:

25 points = 1 lot (Odin or Lesser)
45 points = 3 lesser lots or 2 Odin Lots
65 points = 4 lesser lots or 3 Odin Lots
Sabaron
Sabaron
Admin

http://www.arcologic.com

Back to top Go down

Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap Empty Re: Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap

Post  Sabaron Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 pm

The point bank cap is being changed to 45 points.
Sabaron
Sabaron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap Empty Re: Possible Issue With the Point Bank Cap

Post  Rule Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 am

><

if the cap is being changed to 45 then i think Odin lots should be changed to a max of 25 for the distinct reason that you cannot lot on 2 Odin items.

being if both valhalla drop a person can lot
25 points on body
20 points on head

another person lots the opposite
20 on body
25 on head

this prevents people from dominating lots
where as if 20 was the max they could both lot 20 on head/body

Rule

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabaron Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Rule wrote:><

if the cap is being changed to 45 then i think Odin lots should be changed to a max of 25 for the distinct reason that you cannot lot on 2 Odin items.

being if both valhalla drop a person can lot
25 points on body
20 points on head

another person lots the opposite
20 on body
25 on head

this prevents people from dominating lots
where as if 20 was the max they could both lot 20 on head/body

Anyone who has 20 points gets to lot the item. The probability of winning two is therefore low. As for Valhalla helm, Valhalla body, Hofud, and Valkyrie Fork, only ONE of them will ever drop on a given Odin run.

We discussed the possibility of having one person win two items in a single Odin and didn't feel that it would be necessarily inappropriate. I can run a poll if you like, but I'll bet no one will respond to it.

If necessary, we can simply make a restriction that a given player may only win one item on any given run.
Sabaron
Sabaron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rule Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:55 pm

well that seems reasonable. if the occasion arises that we need to limit then we will do so at that time

Rule

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down